Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Independence Day!


I'm at Starbucks, with a mint-mocha-chip Frappucino, my computer, and my external hard-drive, preparing to do the mother of all photo uploads.   In preparation for that, here are a few shots from my July 3.  Here in Chicago, they do the big city fireworks on the 3rd - I've never been before - the thought of all those people - but happily, Sparks talked me into it (with an assist to the thought 'hmmmm, I could take my camera.')  Here are a few views of the scene.  

2 comments:

Teri said...

weren't they great this year??? I watched from a 9th floor condo just south of Roosevelt--the view was utterly amazing--and thought this might have been the best fireworks show I've seen in a long time.

I watched last night's Navy Pier show from the Columbus bridge over the river and it was pretty good too, even if it was at 9.20 instead of 9.30.

We should play when I get back from Scotland--share photos of our various travels. Yes?

Unknown said...

Kari, these are great! Almost as good as the show! I love all of the photos on this page -- esp the two vets in the parade. That's classic! You have a really good eye. We need to go on that shoot together. Maybe Ruth could navigate? Sparks