Thursday, January 25, 2007

Peppermint! Lavender! Cucumber!

I’m planning to spend the next three months eradicating Life Dissatisfaction Factor A (weight/looks). I tell y’all now so you can be prepared to tell me how very much better I look in about a month - feel more than free to ask: have you lost weight? Are your teeth distinctly whiter? You look so rested and relaxed - are you finally gettin’ some?
I’ve tried to get the sort of feminist self-accepting mindset that I think I ought to have - but my shallow love of clothes (clothes! how I miss all my currently-not-fitting clothes) keeps getting in my way - and I just don’t carry extra weight in a way that allows for an elegant presentation of clothes - I can’t manage a ‘look.’ And I love wearing things that are so much a ‘look’ that they are almost a costume. I’m such a total spoon - I’ve got no boobs, so voluptuous is right out. My legs are short in relation to my torso, so the elegant Auntie Mame sortof flowing glamour? Also out. And I have a pinhead.
None of these inconvenient physical characteristics will be noticeable when I get rid of my butt and can once again wear jeans, a logo tee and cowboy boots.
So the great Home Spa thing started late last night/early this morning. Sadly, The Syndicate did not win Powerball, so it has to be a Home Spa. I’m shocked to be able to report that this morning saw me up doing Yoga Booty Ballet at 6:00 a.m. AND I made my breakfast AND I packed my lunch. Shocking.
Of course I forgot my lunch, despite the fact that I hung it from the door handle of the door I used to leave the house. Not shocking.
The first Spa series is ‘refresh’ which means a lot of peppermint and lavender and meditation and cucumber water. It’ll last 10 days ending on SuperBowl Sunday. Then I’ll have to think up a new theme.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby steps...Baby steps... Protein Protein Protein. And not that kind.. But every little bit helps I guess. B

Delia Christina said...

i'm confused...
working out? getting in shape? er?

this means i'm going to have to drag out my yoga DVD and actually start *doing* it every other morning at 5 am, doesn't it? damn that italian villa!

Atalanta said...

Damn also the clothing requirements of an Italian villa!