Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Six Degrees of Me

Last night I discovered (as did Teddy, who looked up in shock as I suddenly sat straight up on the couch, pumping my fist in the air, shouting 'Two degrees! Two degrees!) that I am a short (you guessed it) two degrees removed from the divine Rufus Sewell.
And I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - really - your life is not yet complete if you haven't seen Rufus as Petruchio in BBC's ShakespeaRE-Told. The Macbeth? Interesting, and provides some fun 'compare and contrast' meditations as one gouges one's eyes out watching this season's Top Chef. The Much Ado? You just can't go wrong with Beatrice and Benedict. Midsummer Night's Dream? Don't bother.
But the Taming of the Shrew? Clever, clever, clever, clever, smart, smart, smart adaptation and then tack on Rufusy hotness and Italian villas? And the boots. Sweet Jesus, the boots. Behold the birth of an obsession.

2 comments:

Delia Christina said...

you'll need to explain these two degrees, mon friend.
i know someone who will be extremely envious.

extremely.

Atalanta said...

I will, but it'll have to be off-line!