Thursday, August 30, 2007

Google Me and Harry Potter! (The conclusion)

So, my friends, it happened - chipping on into my 15 minutes. You may recall that I was interviewed by the Trib way back when. Well, the story didn't appear and didn't appear and didn't appear, and I figured a trip to Canada just didn't quite make the General Interest cut, which was fine.
Cut to 4 fabulous women in a minivan - piling back in after a quick stop at McDonalds somewhere in Michigan, and, deciding to turn toward a serious discussion of the book we are about to pick up in Canada, Melissa pulls out the section of the Trib with a gigantic headline promising to pose 7 questions HPVII should answer. And we had decided to start speculating our own answers to those 7 questions when - what do I see in bold print?
MY NAME!!!
It's true. There was such an excited yelp - ok - squeal that it caused the driver, M-bee, not a little anxiety. Was a car coming? Was she missing an exit? No - it was just the story of all of us, doing what we were even then in the middle of doing - in the Trib. Almost meta.
Anyway, I've been blocked on posting here for a while - should I put a link to the article? Now, over a month later, I've decided. I should. And here it is. Complete even to the Taggs shout-out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh for God's sake. I get providentially on the cusp of the press for the second time and I'm a nameless soccer geek. It couldn't have been "her enigmatic friend AT, having recently returned from a period abroad with his then romantic interest Juliette Binoche and his pressing duties for the UN high commission on refugees?"

Better than being quoted at length in a Philly paper as "Daggart", though.

Hope all is well K.

Atalanta said...

Taggs! Sadly, I was, of course, misquoted - I said just what you said there, but, alas - the power of the press has suppressed the true facts.