Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Target Love

I have to say (this is randomly related to this article on Wal-Mart's super cheap prices working against as it tries to move 'up-scale') that I am actively lusting over some of the Isaac Mizrahi for Target dresses. Sadly, I cannot even think of buying them until I've finished moving, but I really really want 2 of them in particular. I want them for Ms. Gooch's exciting house party in Italy one year from now. Yes, it is true - I'm already working on a wardrobe for a house party to take place in June 2008. In fact, I've already bought one signature piece - a huge, packable, red-red-red hat and I'll be planning at least half of my wardrobe around it - and as part of that half, I really want this Isaac Mizrahi for Target dress as one of the ensembles - I saw it in the store - it is super, super cute.

Anyway, it continues to shock me that I *want* clothes from Target. Well done, Target, well done. (Not that I haven't always loved Target, which I have - but for pretty much everything except clothes - but now...)

(As a further aside, I have to confess that I've shopped twice at Wal-Mart as a result of being places where there were literally no other options and I'm still not done feeling guilty over it.)

No comments: