Wednesday, July 11, 2007

This I Believe


Despite having had a lovely weekend, including a meet up with some fab blogger-chicks and a day of crafts n' fun with M-Bee, I find myself entirely incapable of concentrating on anything not Potter related. However, I've already done the re-read - more than once - in the last 4 months. I tried to start the re-read again, but discovered, to my chagrin, that I have Theories. I didn't mean to develop Theories, but now I cannot do another re-read because I am just looking for support for my Theories.

I blame the essays at Leaky Cauldron and Mugglenet. I'm not usually a Theory sort of girl - I'm generally content to just let the author tell me what happens, and I can't move off canon once it is set.

However, I thought it would be helpful (to me, anyway) to throw the Theories out here so that they are out of my head (except for who I'm afraid might die - I don't want to get to a point where I *believe* someone might die - I am comfortable only in going so far as to be particularly scared for some people). Anyway:

I believe Snape is good.

I believe, albeit sadly, that McGonagall is Voldemort's Most Loyal Servant.

I believe that James was not killed inside the cottage in Godric's Hollow.

I believe that Neville will survive and will become the Herbology teacher at Hogwarts when Professor Sprout retires.

Depending on the time of day, I believe that either (a) Snape or (b) Neville's father, was the person in the cottage in Godric's Hollow when Lily was killed.

I believe that Lily created the potions shortcuts written down in Snape's old textbook.

I believe Lily and Snape were friends, and that Lily brought Snape home to visit over one holiday. I believe Snape is the 'awful boy' that Petunia remembers.

I believe that the curse that Harry survived was not Avada Kadavra, but rather was the spell which creates a horcrux - however, I also believe that Harry is not a horcrux.

I believe the theories of alchemy are important to the whole series.

I believe Nagini is not a horcrux.

Also, gratuitously, and still in the thrall of the movie last night (although that is why it is at the front of my head - it is a consistent underlying belief that I have) I believe Alan Rickman is both a genius and hot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so with you on Alan Rickman - and in fact, I'm not sure if my enduring belief that Snape is good is due to evidence or my love for Rickman. I quite liked his line when Harry told him that Sirius was being held by Voldemort, and Umbridge asked what Harry meant, and Snape said something liek, "No idea." It was so damned sexy.

I am also painfully obsessed with all things Potter right now. I seriously need a life. Or the new book. I watched the first film last night again, and am awaiting 2 & 3 to come from netflix so I can rewatch those.

Why do you think McGonagal is on Voldemort's side? I loved her take down of Umbridge.

And, should you wish to demonstrate to everyone your love for Harry, here is some Potter-esque jewelry: http://stylebytes.net/2007/07/12/gigi-caron/

Yesterday when I was waiting for my bus, I saw a beautiful male reading HP (book #6, I think). I fell hard. Are there any HP dating sites?

(aside, they just announced on the news that they have "finally" decided that Lisa Stebic's disappearance is due to foul play - and that Mr Stebic is now - finally - a "person of interest" - ye gads, it took them long enough).