Thursday, June 28, 2007

Canada, she beckons.

And, sadly, not in a Harry Potter context. The latest round of Supreme Court decisions had me once again on the Canada Immigration site, tallying up my entrance score. This is not something new. I've done this before.

I'm running out of unshattered bits of American idealism to cling to, and the fight or flight thing keeps coming down to flight because I've no clue whatsoever how to fight whats been going on the past few years. Head down, slogging away, is just feeling more and more dystopic - like I'm going to turn around in an unspecified number of months and find that the past few years have been the bits that happen right before the opening pages of (pick or combine any or all aspects of the following) (a) A Brave New World (b) Fahrenheit 451 (c) The Handmaid's Tale (d) V for Vendetta or (e) 1984. The fall of Rome and the rise of the Nazis are also not far from my mind.

And then I think I'm exaggerating.

And then I think I'm not.

1 comment:

Teri said...

I do not think you are exaggerating.

Sadly.

I've also been trying to figure out how I can get into New Zealand. I think that would be awesome. It's harder to get in than Canada, though...