Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A dip back into Match.


Ding is having some luck (some rather shocking luck - of the quoting hot Donne poetry* sort), so I thought, why not just look at the stupid contact announcements that Chemistry keeps sending me even though I'm no longer a Match.com member? But the first line from the first candidate was:

"Looking for a classy lady."

Oy. I'm just not ready to face it again.

*I had no idea that Donne wrote hot poetry before he went all Christian - but - hoo mama! Ding has schooled me on that point.

2 comments:

Teri said...

I am doing a wedding for a couple who met through the online dating part of the Reader.

They seem very well matched and very intelligent and witty...I'm quite impressed.

Almost enough to make me do that.

but not quite.

:-)

Delia Christina said...

i have loved donne ever since undergrad - maybe even since 11th grade when my honors english teacher hinted that he was hot.

to get the best effect, you have to read him aloud and imagine a very hot guy reciting him to you. hot hot hotness and more hotness!

it's like rufus sewell whispering in your ear.