Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fancy Schmancy New Gym.

So on Monday I joined a new gym, conveniently located relatively near the work/home complex. Of course I went through the work benefits in selecting a gym, and, although there is one that is closer, I joined the one that Ms. Gooch and KW already belong to. Its a motivation thing.

I had forgotten, though, that the way to get me to exercise is classes - how I could forget this is beyond me - I simply don't have the will to exercise on my own - but I do have the will to walk through the door of a classroom and then the peer pressure/shaming effect kicks in and does the rest of the work for me. (Oddly, the peer pressure/shaming effect also works if I manage to summon up the will to put in an exercise tape - but there there is the procrastination effect to overcome - classes are even better because they start at a particular time.)

Tonight, I am excited to try two new classes (unless the first one totally kicks my ass, and then it will be one new class and an hour of pilates). But the classes are 'Sexy Bodies' and 'Tango Salsa Caliente' - I'm walking around today and finding that the phrase 'Tango Salsa Caliente' is floating through my mind - and, furthermore, that I am quoting something in the way I am saying 'Caliente' - but, sadly, I cannot figure out what I am quoting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fear you may be quoting High School Musical. "Muy caliente!" "Mucho gusto!" "We're gonna bop bop bop, bop to the top..."

Or maybe I'm the only one doing that.

Melissa

Atalanta said...

That's it! That is totally it! Thanks Melissa - that was driving me crazy.